Saturday, July 23, 2011

How I Came to Know God

I believed in God because I was taught to believe in God but I had my doubts.  They teach you that God is a loving God.  I could not grasp that God was a loving God because my best childhood friend died at 6 years old.

I had this question if God really exists why do bad things happen to good people?

How I came to know God was at a tent revival.  I was about 12 or 13 years old.  Like any other kid I didn't want to go to no church meeting.

My mother pretty much told me I was going like it or not!  I went and these people was singing and praising the Lord than the preacher called people up for prayer.  He would pray for them and they would fall on the ground.  Some were screaming and yelling well I never seen none of this before.  This scared me!

I felt stupid just sitting there so I stood up and raised my hands up so people wouldn't notice me.  I heard this lady next to me praying so I thought I better pray as well.

I said if this is real and if you are really real God than heal my teeth.  Nothing Happened!

I didn't fall down I didn't feel nothing so I just figured these people are crazy or getting paid to say they were healed.  I went to bed didn't think to much about what I saw.  I got up and brushed my teeth that is when I discovered I had no cavities.

I lived at the dentist my teeth were so bad.  Everyone of my back teeth had fillings and my front teeth were discolored.

I examined my teeth.  I was so shocked I screamed for my mother.  She came in the bathroom I showed her my teeth.  She instantly started crying!  I asked her why she was crying.  She said that she was praying for God to reveal himself to me in away I could never deny him or have any doubts of him ever again.

Since then I have gotten myself put in jail and rehabs.  I was on drugs and suicidal.  I found this place Caring Peoples Ministries that is how I renewed my faith with God.  This is the place where I seen Gods miracles everyday.

It took time to forgive myself for turning my back on God but everyday he showed me I was forgiven by him.

Now I just don't question why God allows bad things even when bad things happen in my life.  I just know that whatever happen their is a purpose and something to learn about that particular situation.

I must admit most everything bad that has happened to me in my life resulted in making bad choices due to ignoring God and his warnings.










Recommended